Janet's Jargon

Fun lifestyles, charitable acts, great fiction, author support, Patrick and Grace Mysteries, Keith clan trilogy,

Friday, November 20, 2009

Flashbacks--oh what fun!


One of the parts of being an author, or blogging, or whatever you are doing, is to get great feedback. It is funny how we tend to forget something we have said in the past, but once in awhile it comes back to haunt us.

When somebody stumbles across something from the past in a blog, it makes me curious as to what they were searching for when they stumble across something I wrote. I have a couple of e-articles that seem to show up fairly often that are from way back when. One of the most popular deals with God's Writing Prompts, found on the website for Christian Fiction Factor.
Another one is on cold-calling bookstores, published in the frugalmarketing newsletter.

The one today was quite amusing. It referred back to an early blog, way back in 2005 in fact. Here is what the e-mail said:
Janet,
I just read your blog from 2005 about the Shartlesville Pumpkin Pie. Just had to let you know that my mother (just turned 100 years old) made that pumpkin pie every Thanksgiving and Christmas for over 75 years! Now I make it every year. It’s one of our favorites and I’ve never seen the recipe anywhere else in the world except on your blog! My dad who passed away in 1986 said he always needed a chaser after eating a piece of that pie!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving . . . I’ll think of you when I eat my piece of pie!

Martha (Marty) Vaughn
Director, Holland Library
Girls Preparatory School
Chattanooga, TN

You can find the blog she referred to by going to the archives at the right and clicking on the entries for July 2005.

I also noticed her signature line. Hmm, I wonder if the library has any of my books on their shelves. I think I hear opportunity knocking, along with a whole lot of fun!

Hope your day was as much fun as mine was.
Janet Elaine Smith

4 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Tanja said…

    Hello Janetelaine...

    I have never cooked pumpkin pie; I only ever use the vegetable for suops. It looks interesting.

    Tanja

     
  • At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Annette Gisby said…

    That pie looks scrumptious, Janet :) I've only ever made pumpkin pie once, you don't tend to see very many pumpkins around here.

    take care,
    Annette

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Nina M. Osier said…

    I remember that one without having to look! I laughed so hard, is why!

    How cool to have someone new read it now, and respond.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger JanetElaineSmith said…

    I am posting this on behalf of a dear friend who is not considered friendly by my blog. *sigh*

    What I said was that I will never understand why some people don't get it that the most important influence children get is from their own parents. If these people would spend more quality time with their kids and less time censoring art and trying to shield their kids from the world, maybe there would be fewer juveniles in trouble.


    ~Joyce Sterling Scarbrough
    "Stay true to yourself and your dreams will come true."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home