Janet's Jargon

Fun lifestyles, charitable acts, great fiction, author support, Patrick and Grace Mysteries, Keith clan trilogy,

Saturday, September 10, 2005

WAY behind times

My good friend Dorothy Thompson just told me (in front of her whole WritersLife group, if you can imagine the embarrassment!) that she loves my blog, but she is tired of reading the same old thing. So, my apologies, and here I am.

First of all, if you read my rant below about Pat Robertson, you will probably be as pleased as I am to know that after the devastation from Hurricane Katrina, Venezuela has promised to send millions of gallons of oil to the US to help keep the costs down for all of us. They also said they would send military personnel to help with the cleanup efforts. I assume he wasn't referring to Pat Robertson! (Don't throw the tomatoes! I'm just kidding!) What a gracious offer. Makes you wonder who really understands the meaning of "Christian charity"?

It has been a busy week. One of our sons was in New Orleans and just made it out by the skin of his teeth. We are so relieved that he is OK, and so proud of him for the way he has helped others who left and who are in the same area he is in. He laughed as he said, "Going through the flood up there, I guess God figured He had already prepared me for this."

To see our efforts for the storm-ravaged victims, please visit http://missionsocorro.tripod.com . There is a lot of stuff there besides Katrina. Please take a trip through it, and leave a message in the guestbook so I know you've been there. Come back often. It will be updated more often than it is here!

And for any of you who happen to be in the SE Kansas area, I will be on KKOW 860 AM radio Monday, Sept. 12, at 8:30 a.m. I'd love to have you stop by.

Poor Monday Knight. The trial for the accident that turned her into a mummy was supposed to start last week, but because of all the national problems, it has been put on hold for a bit. If you don't have a clue what I am talking about, please visit her website at http://meetmondayknight.tripod.com .

Until the next time--which I will try to make sooner rather than later--make it a great day! I treasure you all.
Janet

4 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger thewriterslife said…

    LOL, sorry about the embarrassment...I had no idea it would come off that way! Actually, you had updated since the last time I'd been here, so looks like the yokes on me! Hey, what's the latest with the Monday Knight thing and MADD?

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger JanetElaineSmith said…

    Dorothy,
    With all the hurricane business going on and a few deadlines, it's kind of on hold. It isn't dead, though. Will post here when it moves ahead. Thanks for asking. Now, if I could just get Old Habits Die Hard finished up so I can get on to Tuesday Nolan, too. You don't have any extra hours you can loan me, do you?

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Janet, you have a great bog. I have a blog here too which I may start using.

    Barbara

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Shel said…

    Hello,

    I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed your article (Marketing Helps: Slogging Through the World of Blogging) in the September/October edition of "Writers' Journal." I never would have thought to use my blog as a tool.

    Michele
    (jujushel.blogspot.com)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home