Janet's Jargon

Fun lifestyles, charitable acts, great fiction, author support, Patrick and Grace Mysteries, Keith clan trilogy,

Friday, December 30, 2005

Starting the Year with my Sanity Intact

Have you ever wondered if you are really among the "sane ones" in the land, or are you as far out in left field as the rest of the Universe?

Many years ago, through some events that occurred with our children when they were in school, we (and several other families) were required to have a psychological examination. We weren't sure exactly what they hoped to uncover in the life of a couple of former missionaries and their kids, but we agreed to the exam, although somewhat reluctantly. The plus side of it was that when the psychologist completed the tests, we were all five given a slip of paper decreeing that we were indeed "of sound mind." When I think about it now, I wonder how many families can say that, and even have the paper to prove it.

A couple of days ago I had an e-mail from a woman who said she is a psychiatrist. She said that after she has had a particularly stressful day and patients who are really upset or difficult, she comes home and clicks on my website (http://www.janetelainesmith.com) for some fun. Now I have many different purposes I hope to achieve with my website: educating and encouraging other authors, selling my books, letting people see "the real me" behind my books, but above all, I want people to have fun while they are there. From the responses I get, both by e-mails and in my guestbook, I think it is working. Anyway, the psychiatrist said that she has shared my website url with her fellow "shrinks," and they now refer to me as "the psychiatrist's psychiatrist." She was also asking for a copy of my Sampler (which includes the first chapter of each of my published books, as well as a teaser to a couple of upcoming ones). I gladly sent it to her, and suggested that she might want to print a couple of copies of it off and leave it out on the coffee tables in her waiting room, as it would probably be more interesting to her patients than old magazines. She also asked if she could pass along the advice I have up currently on my homepage on what to do with your New Year's Resolutions to her patients.

On another front, Cate Cavanagh is an online friend I have known for several years. She is currently working on a new book, Quantum Spirituality. Here is an excerpt from that book:
"When I define the passive mind in terms of Quantum Spirituality, I am talking about a mind that in peaceful repose. Peaceful repose frees us of anxiety, guilt, remorse, sorrow and self-denigration.

With this aspect of Quantum Spirituality, I suggest the following books. (See below.)
For pleasure: Any book by author Janet Elaine Smith. Select a book from her numerous offerings at http://www.janetelainesmith.com/"

For more information on Cate Cavanagh and her books, visit her website at http://members.tripod.com/cate_cavanagh/catecavanagh/id29.html

If you would like a free copy of my Sampler, either leave a comment here requesting it or send me an e-mail at janetelainesmith@yahoo.com and put "Sampler" in the subject line.

On this eve of the eve of New Year's Day, may you have all your heart's desires in the coming year. Remember to be happy and have fun!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it's wonderful you have that piece of paper to validate that sanity! I would hang it up and have people wonder...

    As for me I am definitely proud to be insane and have been so declared a couple times! LOL! "Though this be madness..." well, you all know the rest. Where would I be with a sane mind? Hmmmm....In an an asylum with the other same people *grin".

    Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I loves to eat- bite they little heads off; nibble on they little feet!

    And this is a sane day! Welcome to my world! (or not LOL)

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said…

    Happy Sane New Year, Janet : )

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Penelope Marzec said…

    Were you declared sane before you started writing?

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mi querida MJ, what a stunning great blogg.
    Love it!
    About sanity and insanity, I'm a bit of both. To be a writer, I hafta be lunie. Right? :>)

    Much wuv, solamente S'p.
    ~ Tel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home