Janet's Jargon

Fun lifestyles, charitable acts, great fiction, author support, Patrick and Grace Mysteries, Keith clan trilogy,

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I'M NO "SHRINKING" VIOLET

It has only been a few days since I posted here about my experience, brief as it was, with psychiatrists, and I invited any of them who would like to have a copy of my Sampler to contact me. I further suggested that they print it off and put copies of it in their waiting rooms for their patients to read.

Well, I'm having fun with my non-resident shrinks. Twenty of them have asked for my Sampler. Four of them have written back to me. One of them said he printed it off, but since he was off for the New Year's holiday, his wife got ahold of it. He asked her about it, and she said, "Yes, I have read the first three, and I ordered all three of them from amazon." He then asked if I intended to help him pay his credit card bill if she ended up ordering all of them.

The second one e-mailed me late this afternoon. He said three of his patients came into the office for their sessions laughing, which was most unusual. When he asked them about it, all three of them said they had been reading the things the receptionist was handing out for them to read while they waited. He said, "You are making my job much easier, but I hope I don't work myself out of a practice."

The other two were just polite "thank you's" and telling me that they planned to take them to the office.

And then I had an e-mail from a woman who was a patient of one of the psychiatrists who had taken it into the office. She wrote, "Our session went very well, and he told me he thought I would be OK for two weeks. I always have a session with him every week. I argued with him, and told him I wanted to see him tomorrow again. He said I seemed to be much better, and it wasn't necessary. I asked him how I was going to read the rest of that book he gave me if I had to wait two whole weeks. He gave me your e-mail address and said you would send me a copy of my own Sampler. Will you, please?"

Yup, I'm definitely having fun with my shrinks. I'm not about to ask them if they think I have any "issues" I need to deal with, though!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Jay Hudson said…

    Well, have any of you ever heard of "shrink-wrapped corn?"

    I loved it, Janet. I'll be sure to tell my psychiatrist about your samplers. :)

    Jay Hudson

    Jay's Writer's World, at Yahoo of course.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home